Sunday, May 24, 2015

GONOW



Defense Secretary Ash Carter spoke about the failure of Iraqi forces against ISIS in Ramadi.  There are many layers of misinformation behind every statement.  I will only comment on one, and also explain the title of this post.

"We can give them training, we can give them equipment -- we obviously can't give them the will to fight," Carter said. "But if we give them training, we give them equipment, and give them support, and give them some time, I hope they will develop the will to fight, because only if they fight can ISIL remain defeated." (Emphasis added)

Did the CNN interviewer ask the obvious question: what on earth has the United States government been doing with Iraqi forces for the last decade?

No.  Instead, to make a long story short, she asked (to paraphrase), why aren’t you doing more?

Any further comment I make on this exchange would be superfluous for any thinking human being.

Now, for the title of this post.  At 1:41 of the subject video we see footage of (presumably) an Iraqi military checkpoint.  A red pickup truck is seen driving away from the camera.  On the back of the truck, instead of “Nissan” or “Toyota,” are the letters “GONOW.”

GONOW is a Chinese automotive manufacturer; however, I like to think the message signifies something more.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! I thought I was the only person on the planet who wondered this, but I came to my senses and realized that the Iraqi 'army' is as well trained as we want them to be.

    Otherwise, they might actually be able to defend themselves.

    Oh no. Perish the thought that the Iraqis would ever spend another minute on this planet without our benevolent oversight to guide and protect them for eternity.

    The farce of it all just makes me want to vomit.

    On a side note, I love your work. This site has become almost a required daily reading for me. Your work is a literary 2x4 of truth, wit, and sarcasm that I wish I could take with me to beat statist whores into a sticky paste with. Keep it up!

    A fellow traveler,

    Gent

    ReplyDelete